Can I play USA Wii games on my Pal 4.0E wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by El-Grosso, Jun 7, 2009.

Jun 7, 2009
  1. El-Grosso
    OP

Member El-Grosso GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I remember you had to froce to pal or something to make it play beforehand, but now I am on 4.0 with preloader installed, so I was wondering if it would still play a USA game? I installed CIOSCORP, so games play form the disc channel. Also, how do I stop my Wii from loading straight to the preloader menu? I would rather it still went to my system menu. Thanks.

2. jarock

Member jarock GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    Hi.
    Start preloader then select from preloader settings, boot to system, it's prob on boot to preloader. If your using DVD's for playing, in preloader you can select in the menu region free and skip update options. This will disable any games from wanting to update and will let you run us or jap titles.

If you use Neogamma or a backup launcher you need not select the preloader hacks other then the skip update options, leave this enabled. You could run one of the USB Loaders, seems the best way to go. I never run games from disc channels anymore as the USB Loader runs 99% of titles and the HD can store all of my games. USB Loader GX is the most popular at the moment but there are a few other great loaders around.

To get back into preloader again hold down reset when powering up the Wii,

Hope this helps you!

3. El-Grosso
    OP

Member El-Grosso GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the quick reply. [​IMG] I've been away from this forum for ages, but I don't have a HDD, so I don't really see a point for the USB loader in my case. Can I also run other region Wiiware games after being installed with a Wad manager?

4. jarock

Member jarock GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    Don't really know anything about wiiware mate have never had any but I don't think Preloader has anything to do with wiiware titles just Wiigames. maybe someone else can enlighten you [​IMG] Sorry

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I use Neogamma installed as a channel never had any issues with it [​IMG]

re wiiware look in the downloads section for FREETHEWADS and just drag and drop your Wiiware to make it region free then install afterwards as normal with a wadmanager [​IMG]