Hacking Can I play US Virtual Console games on JAP Wii?

bubbleboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried this? Does it work? What is the best WAD installer and uninstaller? After uninstall, are traces left?

Thanks!

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no you cant download them because you dont have access to the japanese shopping channel
wink.gif

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
ItsMetaKnight said:
no you cant download them because you dont have access to the japanese shopping channel
wink.gif

He meant pirating them
gba.gif

QUOTE(bubbleboy @ May 31 2008, 12:39 PM) Has anyone tried this? Does it work? What is the best WAD installer and uninstaller? After uninstall, are traces left?

Thanks!

As far as I know, VC games are region-locked or just won't work on an out-of-region console. You can either use a "Wad Installer/Uninstaller" by Waninkoko or use "Wad Manager" by Waninkoko. "Wad Installer/Uninstaller" can be used to install MANY wads at the same time whereas "Wad Manager" can be used to browse the wad folder and personally install/uninstall any wads you want individually
smile.gif

Also, there are traces left after uninstall, which in turn might let Nintendo know that you installed pirated VC games. Not sure whats gonna happen then. AFAIK, people are working on trying to remove all the traces after a VC/WiiWare uninstall and might release a better Wad Uninstaller but as of now, this is what we got
smile.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
you can use free the wads of find region freed vc games

Linebeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bubbleboy said:
ok thx, i guess region free is the best way to start looking!
smile.gif
Using freethewads is really simple, i think that downloading a US game and using freethewads is faster than searching titles that are already patched.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
^^^great answers, thx so much people!!!!!! will get freethewads right now 8)

Just don't get too excited. Freethewads is rather small-compatible program. But, some of wads works of course
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: