1. troy9191

OP troy9191 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have unpatched Switch with firmware 4.1.0. I have a 400gb SanDisk SD card, that I have formatted FAT32 with second partition with 32GB for the emuMMC partition. I have a 400gb SanDisk SD card, that I have formatted FAT32 with second partition with 32GB for the emuMMC partition, running Atmosphere.

Do I have to upgrade my firmware on SysNand (currently 4.1.0) to play online or use Nintendo Shop? I don't want to lose 4.1.0. if so, how? Thanks.

Last edited by troy9191, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    No

3. troy9191

OP troy9191 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What do I need to do?

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Buy a switch for online/legit only

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You can make a second emuNAND partition the same way you made the first (will have to reformat the FAT32 partition though), and use it with the "stock" launch option in Hekate (which should be working for emuNAND now if I'm not mistaken, but it didn't for a while), and switch the active emuNAND in Hekate. Or use a separate MicroSD card for legit use. Either way, it's not 100% clean, there are some patches applied any time you launch HOS from RCM mode, and it's possible Nintendo could detect this in a future update even if they aren't currently, but it's the closest you can get without using sysNAND.

6. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    And what is the problem of updating to the latest OFW without burning fuses to save the ability to go back to 4.1? Or did i misread something?

7. LeMageFro

LeMageFro GBAtemp Regular

France
    Stock is still not working with emuNAND unfortunately. You can boot atmosphere and go online without getting banned if you disabled telemetry and don't do anything suspicious though.
    Yeah that is also a viable solution, unless OP is currently relying on Pegascape to start CFW, which I doubt.

Last edited by LeMageFro, Mar 19, 2020
    The Real Jdbye likes this.
  8. troy9191

OP troy9191 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can download current sysnand stock firmware and then down the road, go back to 4.1.0 with a backup? I was told not to touch my 4.1.0 stock firmware.

9. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    yes, you can update to latest FW with choiNX with autoRCM without burning fuses, so that you can just later downgrade without any fuse count mismatch.

10. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Buy sx and use emunand

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - upgrading, without, firmare