Homebrew Can I play retail Wii games while my Wii U has cbhc?

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey just wondering if Wii games can mess the system up if I put a retail dis in my modded Wii u? Thanks for the help!

kfarley87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok wasn't sure if it would screw up the homebrew, thanks for the answer, my kids will love they can play their old Wii games

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
its allready there if your asking questions like that PLEASE READ THOROGHLY about cbhc before you attempt anything :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its allready there if your asking questions like that PLEASE READ THOROGHLYabout cbhc before you attempt anything :)

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
the only way that hacking can mess up running the vWii is that

a.you now need to either hold b or push the home button and manually select "launch vWii" upon boot if you use Mocha with a redNAND and CBHC
b. You can brick if you use WUPhax to get the HBC on the vWii and you do something stupid there (installing non-vWii WADs, letting the power cut out during the patching of IOS80, etc.), and you can't recover from a system menu brick on the vWii because there is no working vWii pre-boot program (both Bootmii and Priiloader don't work on vWii, and, by the way, Priiloader will brick if you install it on the vWii.)

playing retail disks is fine, just remember that vWii will not launch within a redNAND.

D

Deleted User

the only way that hacking can mess up running the vWii is that

a.you now need to either hold b or push the home button and manually select "launch vWii" upon boot if you use Mocha with a redNAND and CBHC
b. You can brick if you use WUPhax to get the HBC on the vWii and you do something stupid there (installing non-vWii WADs, letting the power cut out during the patching of IOS80, etc.), and you can't recover from a system menu brick on the vWii because there is no working vWii pre-boot program (both Bootmii and Priiloader don't work on vWii, and, by the way, Priiloader will brick if you install it on the vWii.)

playing retail disks is fine, just remember that vWii will not launch within a redNAND.
You can't really brick with WUPHax, all you can do is double-tap A button and your Mii Maker is gone forever. [Until you will find vWii Mii Maker files again]
The useless bricks come from homebrew apps, not HBC itself.

Shawnj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't really brick with WUPHax, all you can do is double-tap A button and your Mii Maker is gone forever. [Until you will find vWii Mii Maker files again]
The useless bricks come from homebrew apps, not HBC itself.
I didn't say the bricks came from WUPhax. I said they were caused by using WUPhax to install the HBC and then bricking something subsequently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there