Status
Not open for further replies.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
As the title said, but i dont mean official ports, i mean can i emulate any game on ps Vita and play them there somehow? Are we there yet?

If so..how to do it?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title said, but i dont mean official ports, i mean can i emulate any game on ps Vita and play them there somehow? Are we there yet?

If so..how to do it?

No, unfortunately. Even Sony didn't released any PS2 games on it because it is too weak. So they won't released it at all.

I would like to let you know that even emulators like PCSX2 is too powerful for Vita. Did you know that it cannot run on Switch too ? Even Play! (Another PS2 emulator) with some games are VERY slow on Nintendo Switch. So it is a no. Unplayable!

Last edited by spotanjo3,

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
No vita it too weak
No, unfortunately. PCSX2 is too powerful for Vita. Did you know that it cannot run on Switch too ? Even Play! (Another PS2 emulator) with some games are VERY slow on Nintendo Switch. So it is a no. Unplayable!
I did not meant PCSX2, i meant any other way to play PS2 games on vita, besides official port.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This is very interesting...i wonder what will be in future regarding this:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeh, people said to me exactly the same thing that you @azoreseuropa and @Shadow#1 said a years and a half ago when i asked the same thing about N64 emulation on vita, but now we have DeadalusX64 for vita.

I mean i guess there are none right now (idk) but perhaps in future it would be cool to see what will happen.

Tbh i don't know exactly what this elf runing on vita means to much, but i guess its something.

Reactions: zfreeman

spectral

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not going to happen. Even if the vita was 4x as powerful as it is it would still be too slow. Also while DeadalusX64 technically runs pretty much everything runs ridiculously badly on it.

Last edited by spectral,
Reactions: spotanjo3

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, but you can play on any smartphone that has Snapdragon 855 or higher specs using emulator.

Here is another one,

This one you might like, as it has PS2 boards inside of it, but can only play PS2 games.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeh, people said to me exactly the same thing that you @azoreseuropa and @Shadow#1 said a years and a half ago when i asked the same thing about N64 emulation on vita, but now we have DeadalusX64 for vita.

I mean i guess there are none right now (idk) but perhaps in future it would be cool to see what will happen.

Tbh i don't know exactly what this elf runing on vita means to much, but i guess its something.
Well DeadalusX64 was already on psp so that was a given that it eventually be ported over to vita side PS2 WILL NEVER HAPPEN

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never told you about N64 a year ago or something. Obviously some people told you which they don't know anything about N64. For one thing, we already KNOW and always know that PS2 will NOT work on PS Vita in the future and never will. No matter what even 14 fps is unplayable! :)

Anyway, I already know that N64 is absolutely possible for PSP and PS Vita. For DeadalusX64.. it worked fine on PSP and it will works fine on PS Vita.. For PS2, sighing, I rest my case.. According to @spectral. No, you won't! You will see.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

adeptape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahem... well i'm pretty sure i saw a PS2 emulator on Vita's RetroArch and even PS3. my guess is,depending on the game's CPU demand,some games would b "playable"(per user preferences),but probably mostly side scrollers,rpg's,etc. u can probably cross out all open-world games.

Last edited by adeptape,

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahem... well i'm pretty sure i saw a PS2 emulator on Vita's RetroArch and even PS3. my guess is,depending on the game's CPU demand,some games would b "playable"(per user preferences),but probably mostly side scrollers,rpg's,etc. u can probably cross out all open-world games.
ROTFLMAO

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're going to make an emulator, you'd want the most popular games or most well known to run first. that's probably why odyssey works with the switch emulator, all the way to completion. I don't know how many fps that is though. there's no way in hell my laptop could run the thing at a decent speed. I was getting about 15fps with dq 11 on the pc. the opening ran fine, but the game itself was slow to the point of unplayable.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're going to make an emulator, you'd want the most popular games or most well known to run first. that's probably why odyssey works with the switch emulator, all the way to completion. I don't know how many fps that is though. there's no way in hell my laptop could run the thing at a decent speed. I was getting about 15fps with dq 11 on the pc. the opening ran fine, but the game itself was slow to the point of unplayable.
Yea even worse how a ps2 emu would preform on a vita

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea even worse how a ps2 emu would preform on a vita

you never know. the ps2netemu on the ps3 was thought to be impossible. the ps3 has a good cpu, but it's bottlenecked majorly with the ram. how they did it is anyone's guess.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you never know. the ps2netemu on the ps3 was thought to be impossible. the ps3 has a good cpu, but it's bottlenecked majorly with the ram. how they did it is anyone's guess.
Well bottom line it's never happening on a vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs