Hacking Can I play pokemon online and transfer pokemon on a region patched 3ds?

hallofangels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Since I lost my 3DS and prices have gone up recently, I've been thinking of just getting a japanese system and region changing it. I know you can get most online games to work by changing some settings in the settings menu and logging into a different NNID, but after all that, my most wanted feature is pokemon online connectivity, trading, and moving pokemon to and from pokemon home through bank. Is this possible on a region patched system? If not that's pretty much a dealbreaker for me and I'll have to pay full price. Thanks in advance

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eShop doesn't work on a region-changed 3DS system. Can confirm; when I had purchased my N2DSXL from Japan and region-changed it in my initial hacking process to getit homebrewed up and running CFW, I lost access to the eShop.

You will have to source the .CIA file for Pokemon Bank and PokeTransporter from a different place. Due to the rules GBAtemp has about the distribution of any ROMs, including .CIA archives for the 3DS, no one here can legally state webpage locations in public on where to acquire these; Google is your best bet. Once you acquire the .CIAs, it should be an easy process of installing them in FBI, which you should have as part of the CFW installation and region changing processes.

Aside: While I know eShop is unavailable, I do not know if Pokemon Bank or PokeTransporter will have similar issues. Please take my advice with a grain of salt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr