Hacking Can I play PAL games in an american Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

My Wii is in version 4.2U and I'm using the latest version of Uloader to run my games. Can I play PAl games from an extrenal HD via Uloader or it can cause some kind of brick on my Wii? OBS: I know I can't upgrade my system with games from another region.

Thanks.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm running NTSC games on my Pal Wii, so I suppose so as long as you set everything region free in Priiloader and your TV will display pal images.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
You only need to change the priiloader region settings if your trying to play out of region WiiWare games. All the usb loaders support forced video settings, so PAL games will work on an NTSC tv set. The only games I have encountered problems with is trying to run the PAL version of Mad Dog Mcree and Dragons Lair (both of which use pre-recorded video footage). Supposedly thoes games will work fine on an NTSC machine as long as your playing with component cables in 480p. So long story short, yes PAL games work fine on a NTSC Wii 99.9% of the time.

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't have Priiloader installed in my Wii. So, I can't just put the PAL games in the external HD and load them with Uloader if I haven't set everything region free in Priiloader? (Sorry for my noob question)

Thanks again.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
mateuscz said:
I don't have Priiloader installed in my Wii. So, I can't just put the PAL games in the external HD and load them with Uloader if I haven't set everything region free in Priiloader? (Sorry for my noob question)

Thanks again.
Re-read my comment, I said the Priiloader hack is ONLY required if you want to play out of region WIIWARE games. USB loader/disc loaders doesnt require Priiloader region hacks to play out of region games.

If you have a PAL game, and are using an NTSC console (or vise versa) then in the options make sure to set the video mode to Force NTSC 60hz. The games will now work properly!

mateuscz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Re-read my comment, I said the Priiloader hack is ONLY required if you want to play out of region WIIWARE games. USB loader/disc loaders doesnt require Priiloader region hacks to play out of region games.

Ops. Sorry, I haven't seen the word "only". Thank you all very much.
smile.gif

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If when you play a PAL game the screen is black and white you'll need to select the option to force NTSC display.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For wiiware and VC, triiforce or mighty channels offer the same functionality. So, no, priiloader isn't necessary in those cases. Only recommended.

(installing wads on your wii holds the risk of a banner brick...and priiloader is the best way to recover from it...but you have to have it installed BEFORE things get messed up)

Wire_Firey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, it's possible, you just need USB Loader GX to emulate your Games without anything (only IOS249, 250 and 251 is required), or you can play on a Compact Disc by using Priiloader (a tool that can modify System Tricks and Files)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Install Priiloader. This will start your satisfaction towards your region issues.
If a region is stated, you will need it. It's the easiest means, plus it helps to protect your Wii.
Other apps will help complete you desires in modding. It's as not hard it seems.
Use ModMii - You'll be glad you did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father