Can I play online with Rogero 4.55?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by darkon34, Mar 25, 2014.

1. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    Can i play online with Rogero 4.55?
    or is it easily to get banned?
    if get banned can i still play games and is their way to overcome the banned?
    (sorry for my bad english..maybe)

2. elgarta

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    United States
    There is always a risk of being banned when playing online on ANY CFW. You can play, but you won't be immune to the possibility.

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just like he said. Remember to log in in PSN ingame only (don't lauch homebrew when logged-in), and never-ever play CoD. It's not that good anyway.

4. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Pretty much if you can avoid it that would be good, but if you want too you can and even if you do get banned you can always buy a new Console ID.

5. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    Hi,

Im using Rogero /w Cobra 4..46 and thinking of getting 4.55 Habib cause of the online gameplay functionality

Can someone please xplain how you would use Internet-gameplay // PSN on Habib to avoid being
    banned or anything. What apps do you need? What games can I play online? And how do
    I 'hide' or acquire an extra Console ID - if that is required .

6. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    You would need PSN patch (sometimes breaks Cobra Emu's in Habib FW), and MM stealth if you're using it.

The last 2 posts pretty much summed it up. Only log in to PSN in-game, and never prior. Never launch homebrew while logged in, and don't play any FPS games as they're probably watched a lot more closely.

You can extract the PSID/CID from another PS3 dump or buy one from someone who has no need for online services. (Warning: This isn't worth it at all unless you have a trustworthy source. Most sites/sellers are scams, and since this isn't a tangible item, if you pay via Paypal, you aren't getting your money back). Also if you got a PSID/CID, there's no guarantee how many people are using it, so you could find yourself banned not even having been on PSN.

For what it costs in time/effort for getting banned, it's easier just to buy a 2nd hand PS3 for cheap and use it on OFW.

7. NitroKhan

NitroKhan Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2015
    India
    Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
    I wanted to know the full procedure. I'm on rogero 4.55
    What to download....
    How to connect ........
    Which patch.....
    Everything....

8. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    go to rebug 4.70, go online. end of instructions.

9. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Now that 4.75 is out, how do you play online safely as possible?

10. Smashbro29

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    Someone answer this man! There's no new CFW for this minor update so I assume we just spoof but how do we spoof?

11. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Use any of the 3 spoofers available? SEN Enabler/Webman/Arch or install Ferrox 4.75?

12. Smashbro29

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    Webman has spoofing? Where's the option? Webman-Mod came with the latest Regen.

13. Smashbro29

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    I got SEN enabler, enabled, custom spoof 4.75 and now the internet won't connect. It's not my connection either. It finds an ip but fails to find an internet connection.

Webman although in the menus doesn't work, multiman does however.

14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    So any latest cfw based on ofw is safe to go online? And whats the deal with cobra and webman?

15. Smashbro29

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    Help me please...

16. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Well lets see...

I had Rogero's 4.55 and wanted to play online, so i installed Rebug 4.70.

Now i have been seeing a lot of guides talking about "Charles Proxy", so i installed Charles in my PC... but i have no idea how to configure it. My PS3 isn't connect through my PC... just adding the URLs will work? I am really confused at how Charles works...

Does anyone use it?

17. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The Nexus
    You may also want to create a new psn account for the cfw. Everyone probably already knows that but I don't think it's stated here and that can be important. Especially if you have spent lots on psn or have a vita tied to the account. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of a case where one has maintained their psn status in a cfw over a long period of time?

18. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    I actually didn't have a PSN account, i just made one about 2 days ago to play online a few games, so even if its banned, it doesn't bother me :) thanks for the tip.