ROM Hack can i play online on emunand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is that so? Either I am remembering wrong or it's outdated information, because I thought I remember seeing some users update their linked Nands and it would update their SysNand.

In any case, is there a reason to keep the Nands linked?
They probably updated their sysNAND thinking it was their emuNAND (or they didn't have emuNAND set up at all and tried to update), it happened to some people.

Only a couple that come to mind, one is being able to run GBA/DSiWare from emuNAND without needing it installed on both NANDs. And the other is still keeping your legit purchases and such on sysNAND (if you have any) so that in case something bad happened to emuNAND you'd still have your legit games and saves but that's easily done by just keeping somewhat recent backups of emuNAND anyway so it's more personal preference than anything else.
Keeping them linked will screw with menuhax but there are ways around that, but there's also the gift wrapping issue which there's no good solution for AFAIK so unlinking is still a good idea.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably updated their sysNAND thinking it was their emuNAND (or they didn't have emuNAND set up at all and tried to update), it happened to some people.

Only a couple that come to mind, one is being able to run GBA/DSiWare from emuNAND without needing it installed on both NANDs. And the other is still keeping your legit purchases and such on sysNAND (if you have any) so that in case something bad happened to emuNAND you'd still have your legit games and saves but that's easily done by just keeping somewhat recent backups of emuNAND anyway so it's more personal preference than anything else.
Keeping them linked will screw with menuhax but there are ways around that, but there's also the gift wrapping issue which there's no good solution for AFAIK so unlinking is still a good idea.
I see, the GBA VC/DSiWare's actually a pretty good reason to keep them linked: I hadn't thought of that! Although with it breaking menuhax, it does seem advisable to unlink the Nands. In any case, thanks for the correction about updating a linked EmuNand, and I'll keep that in mind in the future.

(Happy 7,000th post, by the way!)

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-