Hacking Can I play injected Wii Game using GC Adapter

Hero Q8

OP
Trophies
XP
am using Wii U 5.5.1 Haxchi CFW

I inject my Wii Game using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector [v3.0.1]

the game i inject support GC controller but when i plug the adapter it dont work

is there a way to make it work or this wont work in first place ?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GCN Controller Adapter uses the HID protocol over USB to communicate with the system.
This is true of both the official uses (Smash Wii U and Switch OS) and of homebrew and unofficial uses.

This is completely different from the way that native GameCube controller ports built into the GCN and Wii communicate with the system. The Wii also doesn't have the horsepower to run wrappers like HID to VPAD to emulate the desired inputs.

To put it simply, you can't use the GCN adapter for Wii games unless you manually modified the controller handling code for every individual game you wanted to use it for.

Reactions: Hero Q8

Hero Q8

OP
Trophies
XP
The GCN Controller Adapter uses the HID protocol over USB to communicate with the system.
This is true of both the official uses (Smash Wii U and Switch OS) and of homebrew and unofficial uses.

This is completely different from the way that native GameCube controller ports built into the GCN and Wii communicate with the system. The Wii also doesn't have the horsepower to run wrappers like HID to VPAD to emulate the desired inputs.

To put it simply, you can't use the GCN adapter for Wii games unless you manually modified the controller handling code for every individual game you wanted to use it for.

thanks for your answer you helped me a lot was going to search more info but i know it wont work now xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome