Hacking Can I play games not from my region?

RollingThunder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have the Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX and channels like that, can I play games not from my region? Like, this game? The game wasn't released in the US, but it was released in Europe. Can I play this game on my Wii? I'm new to all of this Homebrew stuff still... Thanks!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RollingThunder said:
Since I have the Homebrew Channel and the USB Loader GX and channels like that, can I play games not from my region? Like, this game? The game wasn't released in the US, but it was released in Europe. Can I play this game on my Wii? I'm new to all of this Homebrew stuff still... Thanks!
yes, you can play games that you have purchased which are meant for other regions, once ripped via usb loader.
no, you cant play that game you linked, because it doesnt exist.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes most of game from europe (PAL) will work if you force NTSC (choose in settings) but a few first party games (mostly) need you to have a TV that support Pal signal (LCD TV??). I have 50/50 of my games PAL/NTSC on NTSC wii and i don't have such a TV.

RollingThunder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird... I'm new to these forums too, so I don't know how they entirely work either haha.

So, if I downloaded a PAL game onto my USB, I could play it on my Wii through the USB Loader GX? Just like that? Or do I have to change something with my Wii or the game?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all loaders have, within their general and/or game specific settings, options for controlling video output; force pal, force ntsc, game default, etc. i buy a great deal of japanese imports that i rip with cfg loader, most will play correctly without any tweaking, but some of them require me to alter the settings i described above - its trial and error, but most if not all games will work if you have a reasonable television and some patience.

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the loader does not translate the game. Generally you just mess around with the games until you get some clue of what's going on, or ask for assistance here. I wish you luck
smile.gif

RollingThunder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I thought, but this Homebrew stuff is pretty dang awesome, so I didn't know if it was cool enough to do that haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans