Can I play eshop games without buying another flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cukiyoko, May 20, 2016.

1. cukiyoko
    OP

cukiyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Hi all,

I currently use a SKY 3DS+ to play roms, which has been great.

Now, I want to investigate how to play eshop games / get DLC, but can I do that without spending more money and buying a gateway? (I know SKY3DS can't play eshop roms, I knew before I bought it. I love what it does, but am up for a new challenge).

So, do I need to install a CFW, and if so, which do I install and which is the best, foolproof guide?

I'm currently running v10.3.28

All advice welcome :)
    (Disclaimer - I have actually read through the faq guides, but am still not sure on an answer)

2. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    MelonGx, ekiMheT and azublazer like this.
  3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Addict

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
  4. Kyojin

Kyojin #include "brain.h"

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Hi!

Yes, you can.

If you follow the guide that @justln linked, you will end up with probably the best fool/noobproof setup for now. You might even end up abandonning your Sky3DS+ after that actually.

If you have a New 3DS, you might want to consider formatting your console before starting the guide. It will help avoid being stuck after the downgrade to 9.2, which is only fixable by updating the console to the latest version (11.0, which means you won't be able to start over the process after that, you will just have to do with the Sky3DS+ or get a hardmod to downgrade).

5. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I guess I'm the only one to recommend it but if you follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki guide you can do all this plus get an even better mod which is a9lh which even makes it BRICK PROOF! And the guide does take a bit of your time and people will say not to recommend it but it is fool proof just give it a read over and then you'll be fine even the program's take care of you it's pretty much only possible if your trying your hardest to brick it lol

6. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    What? Did you even read the first reply?

7. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Yeah but he didn't mention a9lh

8. Kyojin

Sep 7, 2015
    France
    Oh, true, it was only implied indeed (same thing with my reply above). But yeah, I guess it doesn't hurt to drop the name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. cukiyoko
    OP

cukiyoko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    TheVinAnator and Kyojin like this.