Hacking Can I play backup's online?

ceanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i have a D2Pro 9 Wire installed on my Wii and have a backup copy of Mario kart. Can i play it online or will the console get banned or blocked?

ceanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
excellent, thank you.

Do i need to pay for the online service (like xbox live)?

I was under the impression that when going online Nintendo would detect the modification on the console as appose to the backed up game.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well technically, the newer games do have protection that can see a modification. But only the game itself will detect this and it will just refuse to run (if you want to know/see more, google for 001 error). No data about this will be sent to Nintendo. But if your modchip is up to date with it's firmware, this new protection is bypassed, so it won't detect your chip and it will play.
And online play with Mario Kart is free, so you're good to go

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest that's not true at all, in fact it is very easy to check if a disc is an original, but nintendo doesn't check anything at the moment.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
if they could detect it, they surely would have implemented it in a firmware update.
if it really was that easy to detect, piracy on the wii would have been stopped a long time ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -