Hacking Can I patch roms in linux?

ChrisRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm trying to run the supercard software in linux using wine, but when i click the out button i get an error saying "open file error" and only a .sav file is outputted in the target directory.

Is there any way to patch roms for use on the supercard without this software or any other solution?

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try this:

QUOTE said:
Patching with Linux:

Patching commercial NDS ROMs with Supercard Software works with Linux on x86 based PCs using Wine. To install Wine on a Debian based Linux, open a shell and type sudo apt-get install wine . Then you can run Win32 applications using wine name_of.exe :

Install the Supercard Software: wine setupmicrosdV256en.exe
Start the patcher: wine SuperCardmicrosd.exe

This was tested using Ubuntu, Wine 0.9.22 and Supercard Lite Software v2.56.
Source

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
What Version of Wine are you using? Supercard software 2.57 works for me with Wine 0.9.22 from the Ubuntu/Debian repositories.

Besides the obsolete NDSPatch I don't know of any DOS-based NDS cartridge access patching utils.

SteveFromCanadaE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The open file error means that you arent directing the software to send the new files to a specified directory folder. You can get the same error in Windows as well, I know cause I had the same problem. If the specified directory doesnt exist on your hard drive, than you need to create it in that location or point it to a folder where all your games are stored.

ChrisRX

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using wine 0.9.24 and it works when I first install it perfectly fine. But when I close it and open it again i get "Read ini file error" when the program loads and then get the "open file error" when trying to load games.
I have the output directory set up properly but it probably has something to do with the ini error. I checked and there doesnt seem to be any change in files in the installation directory and no change in the registry

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Change to the patcher directory first, then run the patcher.

I run like this:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/SC
wine SuperCardmicrosd.exe

I'm fairly certain this is your problem.

But when I close it and open it again i get "Read ini file error" when the program loads and then get the "open file error" when trying to load games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: probably watched one too YT vids bout old grannies