Can I move a PS1 save from the PSP to a PS1 Memory card?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Drkirby, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Drkirby
    OP

Drkirby Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    I am just wondering, any possible way to move the saves from a off of a PSP to a PS1 memory card?

2. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I know that you can write saves to a PS1 memory card using a special USB device. If you can get PSP saves in the PS1 format (which shouldn't be to difficult I guess) you can write them to your memory card if you use a special device for it.

3. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    I'm sure it's possible, you just need a memory card that can connect to the computer. Don't quote me on this, but I believe there was some sort of Action replay or Datel memory card for the PS1 that was able to be hooked up to the computer... so if something like that existed, you could just put said memory card and the memory card with the save you want into the PS1, transfer the save to the Datel memory card, and then connect the memory card to the PC.

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Sure you can, if you have a PS2 (with a way to launch homebrew; chip, action replay and others) and uLaunchELF [​IMG]

5. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Ulaunch 4.30 for the win!

6. Kellicros

Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2006
    you can use CWCHEAT to convert your PS1 saves into a most usable PC format (.mcr) which will work on various memorycard tools and PS1 emulators, then you're on your own to find your way to put them on a PS1 memory cards, I know several tools does that, try google'ing.

7. kazuki_pl

kazuki_pl GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    Poland
    Poland AlcohoLand
    i remember way back Official Playstation Magazine had saves on their demo cd's so there is a way to copy saves from cd's ( dreamcast got a homebrew like that and i think psOne should have that too )

8. Knarf

Knarf GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    Yes you can. You gotta convert the PSP save, then find a way to tranfer it to the memory card. I think there is an old datel tool.

9. kazuki_pl

Jun 21, 2007
    Poland
    Poland AlcohoLand
    DexDrive

10. Knarf

Knarf GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    That was made by InterAct... here is a wiki for that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DexDrive

11. kazuki_pl

Jun 21, 2007
    Poland
    Poland AlcohoLand
    still, that is the tool [​IMG]