Hacking Can I mod vwii without a wiiu gamepad

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if I can navigate the wii u menu with a wiimote enough to mod vwii as I currently do not have a working wii u gamepad.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need, I have one but I lent it to my kids because they broke theirs. Just need to replace the digitizer but was hoping I could do this to at least get some use out the wii u when they aren't visiting me.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tip: if you have a Wii remote synced with the console in advance, turn it on while the Wii U is still booting and hold B to boot the vWii automatically. Note that if you have an NNID, you must sign into that first.

fringle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two accounts setup one with NNID and one without. Will this pose a problem because it doesn't auto login to either of them? I think one of my wiimotes is already synced.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two accounts setup one with NNID and one without. Will this pose a problem because it doesn't auto login to either of them? I think one of my wiimotes is already synced.
No, what you'll notice is it will (or should) say "going to the Wii menu" (or something to that effect) near the bottom. From here, simply sign in to any account, and it should go straight to the Wii menu.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
As a side note, the Wii U gamepad remains on. If you don't like having the gamepad on in vWii mode, I don't know what to tell you.
Then you hold the Power button on the GamePad, and it'll tell you that pressing the Power button again (still on the GamePad) will turn just the GamePad off.

Last edited by smileyhead,
Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs