Can I merge the Retroarch CIA's together ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gnarmagon, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Gnarmagon
    OP

Gnarmagon Noob <3

Dec 12, 2016
    Germany
    With merging I mean that I just have the Retroarch Icon and not 20 diffrent for every Core...
    (when I just install the Retroarch CIA it's not starting)

and why is PSX not working on the stable build ? (just closing when starting a Rom)(I tried Stable 1.5 and Nightly)

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    The only workaround that I am aware of to solve the problem of having 9586985890 retroarch icons on the homescreen is to group them all into a folder.

At this time, all the cores are a separate CIA, this won't change anytime soon as the 3DS's homebrew scene is slowly fizzling out.

Also, the PSX emulator is unplayable (in my opinion) and I personally wouldn't bother with it.

3. Crimson-Fyre

Crimson-Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    i originally downloaded the newest nightly build 2 nights ago and only installed the gpSP CIA ... from inside that the XMB style menu allows for searching the sd card for more than just gba roms and makes a listing of them by system from there all you do is select the game you wish to play with exeption of ps1 games as they emulate like crap and the software as long as the cores are in the correct place it will give you a list of cores to use when launching the rom ... just select the correct one and you should be good to go

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Could it be possible to hide the cias as of they were system apps alla microsd management and nnid settings? That would fix the issue entirely.

5. Crimson-Fyre

Crimson-Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone

im not sure about that ... i just left all the other cia installers in their own folder within the retroarch folder .... i have been working alot lately and havent had time to experiment with this further ... its possible you may be able to just get rid of the other cia's without harming anything

6. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    hint 1: use only the emulators you really want to use. there is really no point in installing virtual boy and some others, they won't run in a playable state.
    hint 2: just wait, the PS Vita got that all-in-one Retroarch, so it's not unlikely, that the 3DS also will.