Question Can I make inputs on the Switch from my PC or phone?

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Hybrixe, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Hybrixe
    OP

Hybrixe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    Netherlands
    Amersfoort
    Hey all,

This might sound weird, but I want to make a script or program or whatever that inputs dpad data and face button data to the Switch. Splatoon 2 has a feature where you can draw things and I want to automate the drawing. Does anybody know if this is possible in any way?

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    No way to do that right now. Would either require emulating a controller via software on the phone/pc, or homebrew on the switch itself. None of which is possible (or at least not publicly possible, unsure about what devs currently have secretly)

3. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Okay so apparently I was wrong and @ShinyQuagsire is working on basically exactly what you want

Hybrixe likes this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    While those are the main ways people look to you do almost always (and in the case of game consoles the exceptions you see in things like bank machine pads are not going to happen) have hardware as an option. Buttons are just switches and a touchscreen tends to be some kind of grid you can manipulate. You can fire them via some external device easily enough, probably even interface it with a phone too. Cannibalising controllers is more expensive than running a script but it is not out of line with what most can afford these days and very effective.

5. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Or you can just look at the second reply I made which shows exactly what OP wants. I saw the tweet just after making my first reply
    Though it's not public and may never be public.

6. Superguy2876

Superguy2876 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2009
    No it is public

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/Switch-Fightstick

Just requires a Pokken Tournament Pro Pad.

7. TheCyberQuake

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hybrixe likes this.