Can I load (old) save games if I play from USB?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by paulie, Mar 28, 2012.

1. paulie
    OP

paulie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    United States
    I used to play metroid prime trilogy from the disc, but near the end of the game (97% complete) I cant progress further since my disc can't be read for some reason.
    The error I get is always when i enter the same door and is the black screen saying something alike: Cannot read from disk
    Cleaning and re-entering the disc doesn't work, so I might try USB-loaders for the first time.

MAIN QUESTION
    If i have a save file stored on my wii internal memory (since I played with the original disc), will any USB loader I try be able to load it?
    Or do USB-loader have their own save file system? (as in they save and load from the USB drive only?)

Also, what would be a good USB-loader to start with?
    I never bothered to figure them out, since I used to be more than happy with my Wiikey (and small softmodding for homebrew.)

2. ekko25

ekko25 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2010
    I'm using USB Loader GX, and my saves work just fine on USB loaders. I play the games I have on disc through USB now, and it uses my old saves from the disc copies. USB Loader GX uses ordinary saves, not sure about the others.

I haven't tested any others yet, but I'm perfectly happy with USB Loader GX. It's easy to set up and use.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice