Can I load Gamecube backups on my Wii after installing a mod? (Modmii)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by chanbog, Dec 20, 2011.

1. chanbog
    OP

Newcomer chanbog Member

Canada
    Hey guys!

I was wondering if it was possible to play GameCube roms off my external harddrive after modding it with Modmii. Can anyone lead me to a guide that I can follow to get this to work properly?
    Do you guys have any suggestions that you could add?

2. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Check upper right corner, theres a text saying "Search" right next to your name.

In short: no.

3. chanbog
    OP

Newcomer chanbog Member

Canada
    There isn't? But I was reading the Modmii instructions and there was a Gamecube backup loader called "Wiigator". Apparently this application allows you to run GameCube roms on the Wii.

How is it not possible?

4. C-Kronos

Member C-Kronos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Being able to run a burnt disc and run a game from the external are two different things.. Simply, GC mode isn't supported via USB due to the Wii's hardware limitations. You could always look into a WODE though, and if you ask me to explain that to you, I won't answer.

5. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    You can't load GameCube games off an external hard drive (the Wii shuts off the USB ports in GameCube mode), so no.
    The backup loaders are for discs only.

6. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    Currently possible:

1. A wode. (Is like a modchip and gets it's game data from a connected harddisk.)
    2. A Wii from before 2008 with Neogamma and proper Cmios installed should be able to read GC backup disks.
    3. Swiss makes it possible to load gc games from a sd gecko or an ide drive using a special exi2ide adapter.
    4. DML makes it possible to load gc games from the front sd card under sneek.

Note that 3 and 4 don't work with all gc games.