Can I link trade GB games using my flash card...

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by JayLv99, Jun 18, 2007.

1. JayLv99
    OP

Newcomer JayLv99 Member

United States
    If I have it in a GBA?

My friends and I want to trade over Dragon Warrior Monsters and it's having issues, however they've encountered this issue before so it MIGHT not be just the Flash Cartridge.

Any ideas/past experiences that could help?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    A decent cable is a good start.

GB= gameboy (colour) I take it.

GBÂ games need to be emulated (unless you have a old cart F2A compatible with the "GB bridge" device but I doubt you do), as you do not have access to GB hardware in GBA mode you can not do it.
    NO$GMB has the ability to link GB games though so you might want to try there:
    http://nocash.emubase.de/gmb.htm

As I recall you can use the GB cable in GBAs though so original cart to original cart (or GBÂ flash cart trades should not be a problem.

If however you mean GBA might I suggest instead using VBAlink as new cards have some issues there:
    http://vbalink.wz.cz/
    if you need something to grab saves from GBA carts and have a DLDI capable card also able to run GBA stuff:
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/SendSave/index.html

3. JayLv99
    OP

Newcomer JayLv99 Member

United States
    Is the NO$GMB emulator Flash Cartridge compatible? Or is there a Flash Cartridge version that will let it link.

It is a Game Boy Color game that I am emulating on a DS Phat. [EDIT: I have a DS Phat, not a DS Lite. Not sure what I was thinking there.]

[ADDITION]
    NOTE: I am attempting the trade from a Game Boy Advance. It's a G6 Flash Lite cartridge (the Phat cartridge that comes with the G6 Lite). Technically a GBA should be able to trade w/a GBC using the Universal Link Cable (I've done it before with legit cartridges)

Is there an emulator that needs to go on my Flash Cart to make it link compatible?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The GBA (although not the micro or DS) essentially has a GBC inside it, however it can not access the GBC hardware while in GBA mode (aka when running the g6) so this it the problem.

To my knowledge there is no multiboot cable that can be used like you want for the GBC like there is for the GBA (vbalink real although the site died).
    Basically you need a GBC flash cart or some way to grab saves for emulator use.

5. JayLv99
    OP

Newcomer JayLv99 Member

United States
    Hmm... This makes sense. Is there any project that you know of to "grab saves for emulator use"?

If someone manages to figure out how to do that, it could possibly be applied to the Pal Park quandary in Diamond/Pearl...