Can I launch Wii VC games from SD card after updating to 4.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SychoBC, Apr 13, 2009.

1. SychoBC
    OP

SychoBC Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I had HBC installed before updating to Wii 4.0. My Wife updated my Wii to 4.0 and now I can no longer plat VC Wads that I have installed through the Wad Manager. I have moved the VC games to the SD Card and they fail to launch. Is there anyways to be able to fix my Wii so I can run VC games from the SD card?

2. Epiphany

Epiphany Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    If my wife upgraded my Wii to 4.0 without a homebrew safe method, I would apply for divorce.

Just kidding, good luck!!

3. itsmeoreo

itsmeoreo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2008
    United States
    if you still have hbc, cant you still downgrade and upgrade the 'homebrew' way?

i actually had a vc wad/wiiwarev wad prob where it wouldnt run off the sd and would tell me its not for my wii console. i ended up reinstalling each wad via wad manager and manually erased the channels using the wii menu. now they work again. im guessing it was a ticket thing where if the ticket is not present, the system assumes you got the wad illegally.

4. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    On my PAL 4.0 Wii it'll only let me run VC/WW games that I bought off a SD Card, the ones I got illegally wouldn't run at all. No problems playing or installing onto the Wii itself so its not bad.

5. George290506

George290506 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    Greece
    Hellas, Macedonia
    Did you install patched IOS60?

6. George290506

George290506 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    Greece
    Hellas, Macedonia