Homebrew Can i keep my soundhax and cfw if i switch to new sd card?

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i recently soundhaxxed and cfw'd my 2ds on version 11.3.0.36U. But since my SD card is so small, i want to upgrade it, so if i were to buy an sd card with a larger memory and moved all the files from my current SD card to the new one, would the soundhax and cfw stay? or would i have to do it all over again?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, i recently soundhaxxed and cfw'd my 2ds on version 11.3.0.36U. But since my SD card is so small, i want to upgrade it, so if i were to buy an sd card with a larger memory and moved all the files from my current SD card to the new one, would the soundhax and cfw stay? or would i have to do it all over again?
Just drag everything from the old one onto the new one. Nothing else. Everything transfers.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Zappy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked and apparently, it's for big sd cards, 64 gigs and above, but i am only planning on buying a 16 gig one.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked and apparently, it's for big sd cards, 64 gigs and above, but i am only planning on buying a 16 gig one.
Then just make sure that it is formatted to FAT32 then just copy and paste your files over to the new card.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 64GB and higher are formatted with exFAT, and Windows cannot format those to FAT32 by itself. You would need a third-party program to format those to FAT32. But, since you are getting only 16GB, you can just use Windows to make sure the card is formatted to FAT32, then you are good to go. Another useful tip: the 64GB+ cards are formatted with exFAT, because with FAT32, the card/drive cannot write any single file that is larger than 4GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: