Hacking Can I Jailbreak a ps3 slim on 4.75 OFW?

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to know if it's possible to jailbreak a ps3 slim on 4.75 ofw and what are the pros and cons. Please and thank you.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Maybe the better way is to use psxploit? It's like you inject digital games into your backup file, and restore that backup file back into system.

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the better way is to use psxploit? It's like you inject digital games into your backup file, and restore that backup file back into system.
how would I go about doing that, I want to be able to just use a usb flash drive to jailbreak I don't want to buy any tools

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
how would I go about doing that, I want to be able to just use a usb flash drive to jailbreak I don't want to buy any tools
That harder. You can't just install cfw. Maybe you can downgrade it with a flasher, but you gonna need someone who has it first. Next option is optical drive emulator, but those are external tools too. And I heard they suffering some troubles nowdays.

The_Reaper_CooL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, how legit is this website? I know that it can be a scam, but someone with more knowledge than me should confirm it.

EDIT: Scratch that, just went to download the file and I need to fill out a survey. My bad, didn't click on it earlier...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
At this point, the only way to install CFW on any PS3 above 3.55 is by downgrading using a HW flasher, and only PS3's that had a lowest firmware of 3.55 or lower can be downgraded. All phat PS3's can be downgraded to 3.55, but only some slim's can. This link lists all the SKU models and the lowest firmware available: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

If all you want to do is pirate junk and your PS3 isn't downgradable or you don't want to spend money on the tools, then as Reploid mentioned you'll have to use PSXploit, which doesn't support very many games, nor will it play most full retail/PSN games (AFAIK, only C00 games work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.