Hacking Can I install the Iplayer channel on NTSC wii?

harsh111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was just wondering if it was possible to install the iplayer channel on my NTSC wii, so that it is fully working. I have heard that it wont work if you try to region free it, but I wasn't sure...

Thanks

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The channel won't run on NTSC units. It can't output in NTSC. If you managed to install it, it will just black-screen when run.

Only option is to convert wii to PAL and get it from shop (it's free) or do without. No one has a WAD that works. All the wads i've seen online give Error 001 when run.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
The channel won't run on NTSC units. It can't output in NTSC. If you managed to install it, it will just black-screen when run.

I dont really care or want this channel, but im confused on what you just said.... Why wouldnt it be able to output on NTSC units?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it will probably output a PAL signal, but since he lives in the UK chances are high that he has a PAL TV anyway.

And yes. I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Btw. as long as your Wii isn't korean and not on 42. yet you could always anyregionchange it to PAL.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the console is NTSC, it tells the channel to do NTSC as well. The channel does not have the necessary programming code to output in NTSC, so it will effectively output nothing.

If you have a WAD that doesn't 001 and don't mind it being in PAL, look into the custom NAND loaders from Waninkoko. I believe one option is to force video mode to PAL.

harsh111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to change my region so I guess I'll just have to do without then
frown.gif
the other options seem a bit too complicated for my liking

Oh well, thanks for all your help guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum