Can I install Homebrew with a WiiKey 1

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by krizziz, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009
  1. krizziz
    OP

Newcomer krizziz Member

Netherlands
    hello
    sorry for my noob question [I think??]
    my brother has a wiikey , now he asked me to install Homebrew on his wii [3.4E]
    is this possible ??
    Can it be done with a Zelda copy or do I need an original ??
    Hope someone can help me ??
    thanks

chris,Holland

2. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    use TP Hack or Bannerbomb

3. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And use the installer at http://bootmii.org/ The old homebrew channel installers are dated, use it to install the homebrew channel and (optionally) dvdx for dvd data disc/non-DRM dvd video support and/or bootmii to backup and restore the console in case of a brick.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    use bannerbomb to run the hackmii installer and install everything. HBC, DVDX and BootMii. If you can go for BootMii as boot2, not IOS. Take a NAND dump with BootMii once you've done all this, so you're protected in case of a brick. The process should be reasonably straight forward. (DVDX is not essential to be installed, but you may as well, it lets you play DVDs on the Wii and use certain homebrew which let you load stuff off DVDs.)

5. krizziz
    OP

Newcomer krizziz Member

Netherlands
    is it easy to install Bootmii then ??

6. Shinigami Kiba

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    You can use a pirated Zelda TP with WiiKey 1 and still install Homebrew, it's what I did since a guy scratched my original Zelda TP to hell and back, is still works but not as well as it should, but if you do this with a pirated Zelda you have to know which version of the game you have first.
    But try installing bootmii with BannerBob, it seems like a much more straightforward process than the whole Zelda TP hack.

Now when installing bootmii you want to install it to boot2 since that offers complete protection against pretty much any brick, once bootmii is installed you'll want to backup your NAND, back that up, copy it to your PC in a folder, say NAN Backup 3.4E and from there do all the wii hacking stuff.

So, first install bootmii and HBC, backup the NAND and then proceed with hacking the Wii, IOS's and all that junk.