Hacking Can I install Cold Boot Haxchi and do I already have Haxchi installed?

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,
this is probably a dumb noob question, but better be safe than sorry, right? :D
I basically want CBHC on my Wii u, since its pretty annoying going manually into CFW every time I reboot my console. I already homebrewed my Wii U and can load CFW. This was 2 or 3 years ago and I never bothered with CBHC because I was too scared. My question is, if I can install CBHC with all things I´ve done on my Wii U. Since i don´t know exactly anymore what I did, what is installed on my Wii U, or if I already have Haxchi installed, I am asking here-

My Wi U is on 5.5.5, since i forgot to block updates, using the DNS method, when I got a new router (so a new internet connection)

Here is some information that might be useful to know if i can install CBHC and already have Haxchi

It says on my eShop Menu that i have purchased the game "Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!" and i cant find it anywhere on my Wii U. (So I think the homebrew launcher replaced the game)
I have the homebrew launcher installed on my Wii U Menu.
I go into CFW by holding down the A button when entering the Homebrew launcher. (it says Mocha CFW)
I have the CBHC and Haxchi App on my Homebrew launcher

If I recall correctly I used this Youtube Tutorial:

(Yes i know now that Video Tutorials arent that great and that you should be using text tutorials, but back then I didnt know :()

I am not too sure if I used this tutorial, but when looking at the logo of my Homebrew Channel it seems like it was this one.

I read a lot on guides to know if I can install CBHC for my Wii U, and as far as i understand I think I have Haxchi already installed and can install CBHC.
I read that you can update Haxchi by simply putting the new Haxchi files onto you SD and just installing it again with the Haxchi App. Should I do that if Haxchi is already installed? And should i update the CBHC files on my SD Card since these are around 2-3 years old, or are new CBHC versions not compatible with old Haxchi Versions?

I also have 2 0kb files, in these 2 folders shown below, called "once"

SD Card\wiiu\saves\0396 - Brain Age - Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (U)(Trashman) [ABCD01]\u\once
SD Card\wiiu\saves\0457 - Dr Kawashima's Brain Training - How Old Is Your Brain (E)(Supremacy) [ABCD01]\u\once

Can I delete them, since 0kb are corrupt, or do they have anything to do with Haxchi?

Sorry again If this is a pretty stupid question.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those saves sound like loadiine saves. They have nothing to do with haxchi. It sounds like you're all set for cbhc.

Fingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Installed CBHC and everything works. I am kinda dumb and forgot to unplug the USB Devices but everything still works fine. Is this a problem?
Also a quick question:
If I exit vWii will I be automatically in CFW or do I have to start it manually?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
If I exit vWii will I be automatically in CFW or do I have to start it manually?
Your cfw is already booted. So, no. You don't have to start it manually.

Is this a problem?
No. Your cbhc setup is installed to your nand. Otherwise (for the case your ds vc title is on usb) your console wouldn't boot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person