Hacking Can I install a PAL VC wad on an NTSC-U wii?

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Will it be ok, or it will brick the console? A friend sent me a Terranigma Wad, and I am a big fan of the Gaia trilogy, problem is that terranigma never saw an American release, ever. So I kinda wondering if it's safe.

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
AFAIK you have at least 3 alternatives:

a. Activate the hack "Region Free Channels" on Priiloader; or
b. Convert the WAD to NTSC-U (or Region Free) with ShowMiiWads/FreeTheWads/etc; or
c. Install the WAD in a emulated NAND and launch it with Neek2o/USB Loader GX/Wiiflow/etc (recommended alternative).

Keep in mind that you should probably also force the video mode; if you choose the a or b alternative, you can use an old launcher called Triiforce if needed (I remember that I'd use it for launch Super Mario Picross PAL on my NTSC-U console, forcing video mode to PAL).

Last edited by gburgue, , Reason: typo
Reactions: Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
AFAIK you have at least 3 alternatives:

a. Activate the hack "Region Free Channels" on Priiloader; or
b. Convert the WAD to NTSC-U (or Region Free) with ShowMiiWads/FreeTheWads/etc; or
c. Install the WAD in a emulated NAND and launch it with Neek2o/USB Loader GX/Wiiflow/etc (recommended alternative).

Keep in mind that you should probably also force the video mode; if you choose the a or b alternative, you can use an old launcher called Triiforce if needed (I remember that I'd use it fo
r launch Super Mario Picross PAL on my NTSC-U console, forcing video mode to PAL).
Thanks, ill keep it in mind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over