Can I install a backup of a game to the HD without risk/problems?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by XxOblivion77, Mar 31, 2009.

1. XxOblivion77
    OP

XxOblivion77 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 11, 2008
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Alright, so I burned Gears of War on my only disc and it would play fairly fine, problem is... I'll get a disc unreadable message at random places. I was thinking installing it to the harddrive would fix the problem. I've tried cleaning the disc and everything but I'd still get that message. So yeah, would I be in the clear to do this?

2. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    This means your 360 is on its way out. Try playing an arcade game for a while and see if you get a disc error. If that happens, then your 360 will die soon. Could also be the drive.

3. XxOblivion77
    OP

XxOblivion77 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 11, 2008
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    No but every other game I play works fine. This is my only backup game and the first one I've burned. I'm positive I did it properly though. Maybe it's the disc, I'm not sure. It's a Ritata brand or something like that. The guy gave me a free disc so yeah... I'll probably buy some Verbatims later. I know my 360 isn't broken.

4. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    If its the only game that's doing this, then just download it again and burn it to a good brand DVD like Verbatim or Sony.

5. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Yeah, and if you can, try to stay in front of your burn the whole time. I never used to do this until one time I did, and to my amazement, the buffer dropped so I had to buy a new burner.

6. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    It's normal for the buffer to drop if you're multi-tasking on the computer. If you're not and it still drops, it could be an indication of bad media. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad burner.

7. Hermessz

Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2007
    Iceland
    ISR
    At start I used Verbatim Singapore made DL, they were really great looking, and when I was out and had to buy new DL's, store had only indians one (which are BAD quality), I use those discs, but I always install to the HDD games that are burned on the indian DL.
    BTW, probably u burned badly or too high speed or u just bought some shitty media.

8. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Well common sense tells you that you shouldn't have anything running when burning something anyway.