Can I install a backup of a game to the HD without risk/problems?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by XxOblivion77, Mar 31, 2009.

1. XxOblivion77
    OP

Member XxOblivion77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Alright, so I burned Gears of War on my only disc and it would play fairly fine, problem is... I'll get a disc unreadable message at random places. I was thinking installing it to the harddrive would fix the problem. I've tried cleaning the disc and everything but I'd still get that message. So yeah, would I be in the clear to do this?

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    This means your 360 is on its way out. Try playing an arcade game for a while and see if you get a disc error. If that happens, then your 360 will die soon. Could also be the drive.

3. XxOblivion77
    OP

Member XxOblivion77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No but every other game I play works fine. This is my only backup game and the first one I've burned. I'm positive I did it properly though. Maybe it's the disc, I'm not sure. It's a Ritata brand or something like that. The guy gave me a free disc so yeah... I'll probably buy some Verbatims later. I know my 360 isn't broken.

4. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    If its the only game that's doing this, then just download it again and burn it to a good brand DVD like Verbatim or Sony.

5. triassic911

United States
    Yeah, and if you can, try to stay in front of your burn the whole time. I never used to do this until one time I did, and to my amazement, the buffer dropped so I had to buy a new burner.

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    It's normal for the buffer to drop if you're multi-tasking on the computer. If you're not and it still drops, it could be an indication of bad media. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad burner.

7. Hermessz

Member Hermessz GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    At start I used Verbatim Singapore made DL, they were really great looking, and when I was out and had to buy new DL's, store had only indians one (which are BAD quality), I use those discs, but I always install to the HDD games that are burned on the indian DL.
    BTW, probably u burned badly or too high speed or u just bought some shitty media.

8. triassic911

United States
    Well common sense tells you that you shouldn't have anything running when burning something anyway.