Homebrew Can I improve game speed on mGBA? (O3DS)

ITSAMEMARIODS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much what the title says. I have an old 3DS and thus don't really get a lot out of mGBA yet. Also, I'm a noob, so I have no idea what I'm doing. Last rom I tried was Superstar Saga, and I know that GBC roms don't play on mGBA...I tried. Any ideas on how to make the game run at at least close to normal speed? And is there a functional GBC emulator out there?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch's gambatte works pretty well for me, though I'm using a n3ds so I'm not sure how the o3ds handles it.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does. You probably want to take marko's advice though as he actually does know about emulators on o3ds(correct me if I'm wrong but you have one, yes Marko?)

ITSAMEMARIODS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. It runs debug and then blacks out. I think there's supposed to be more there, because I can use B to leave the app.
Probably just have to redownload it or something.

3DS 10.2.0 28 U
2.5 hax (maybe that's why)
ironhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I highly recommend GameYob. It is really stable and works with most games. Speed is good, supports cheats, saves, and borders etc. Been using it for a long time and I have had no problems with it.
The Real Jdbye recommended it to me in one of the earlier posts in this thread.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be a problem with *hax 2.5. Others have reported it working just fine still. Re-download and see what happens. If you still get problems you may try asking about it in the gameyob release thread to see at least if someone else is having the same issue.

ITSAMEMARIODS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be a problem with *hax 2.5. Others have reported it working just fine still. Re-download and see what happens. If you still get problems you may try asking about it in the gameyob release thread to see at least if someone else is having the same issue.
Will do tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: