Hacking Can I import my save files somehow?

joelozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an ACekard 2 from Deal Extreme yesterday, primarily so I can store all the games I have purchased onto one card, so I don't have to keep track of like 10 small, easy to lose, pieces of plastic. I was wondering if I could start from the same place I was on before. For example, I beat New Super Mario Bros. When I get it onto my Acekard, do I have to start a new game? Because that would be very tedious, having to beat the game over again.

EDIT: Man, this is in the wrong forum. Silly me, messing up my first post. Could someone move this over to whatever the right scetion is?

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugh do u even know what an acekardis? its used to pirate games... you download them off the internet and onto your card. the game save u have is not easily transferred unless u have an action replay or something

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
HappyDSI said:
ugh do u even know what an acekardis? its used to pirate games... you download them off the internet and onto your card. the game save u have is not easily transferred unless u have an action replay or something

ugh do u even know what a non-pirateis? you back up ur games and u play them without carying them arond or something

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
HappyDSI said:

ugh do u even know what a non-pirateis? you back up ur games and u play them without carying them arond or something
Epic win.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hatsu said:
Epic win.
Epic spam
smileipb2.png

But well said, dean.

QUOTE(HappyDSI @ Jan 17 2010, 07:46 PM) ugh do u even know what an acekardis? its used to pirate games... you download them off the internet and onto your card. the game save u have is not easily transferred unless u have an action replay or something
Pwnt.
laugh.gif
All you've done is make yourself look stupid.

joelozy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flameiguana said:
If you have an EZ Flash 3 in 1, you can easily back them up with this tool: http://filetrip.net/f1598-NDS-Backup-Tool-3in1-1-9d.html

If you don't, you can use wi-fi to import your saves. Here is a guide http://faq.monroeworld.com/index.php?sid=3...&artlang=en

Thanks, that's insanely helpful. I have a few more questions though:

The guide says that

" * Hit R twice, and then hit B. Your game will start dumping. THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Below is a table that shows an estimate of how long each size game will take to dump.

4MB 8MB 16MB 32MB 64MB 128MB
3.5 minutes 7 minutes 13.5 minutes 27 minutes 54.5 minutes 1 hour 49 minutes

* If you wish to backup the save area of the card to a SAV file, restart the tool, hit B on the first screen. The sav file will dump (this only takes a minute)."

So what is the SAV file? If I get a rom, can I just import the SAV file for my save? And where do I put the SAV file on the card? I really don't want to wait an hour for the game to dump. Or is that better? Thanks for helping a beginner like me with this stuff.

PS: Still in the wrong forum.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You put the SAV file in the same place as your NDS ROM.
It must be named the same

So like Zelda-ST.NDS and Zelda-ST.SAV

-Oh, and the .SAV is your save
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1