Homebrew Can I homebrew my new 3ds without cubic ninja?

zestyboii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 11.5 with a new 3ds xl and I wanted to homebrew my 3ds, but I don't have cubic ninja, or the money to buy it. Is this possible?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 11.5 with a new 3ds xl and I wanted to homebrew my 3ds, but I don't have cubic ninja, or the money to buy it. Is this possible?
First you need to know the definition of homebrew. Homebrew just allows for userland access, meaning you cannot pirate games or install things to the home menu. You can run out of region games, emulators, rom hacks, and other useful applications though. To get full access to a console, you need both an arm9 and arm11 exploit, which none exists ATM on 11.5. Also, cubic ninja is a very old method, and many userland exploits have been discovered since then. Here are your options for userland Homebrew:

1. A computer running Linux that can make a wifi beacon and a copy of super smash Bros.

2. Flipnote studio 3D (exploit not released yet, but will be shortly. Nintendo is aware of this exploit and could be patched in a future update).

3. Oot3D cartridge and a powersaves

4. Freakyforms deluxe cartridge.

5. a copy of cubic ninja

6. a sky3ds+ (not reccomended due to being super expensive)

These are the only options for simple userland access. If you want access to full piracy and even game streaming, you need one of these:

1. A second 3ds on a lower firmware to system transfer to your current one.

2. A hardmod (costs money or requires good soldering skills)

3. An acekard 2i and a powersaves (exploit not released yet, should be shortly)

There are no other options than these. Tell me if you have any questions.

Last edited by Giodude,

poulette73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

If you have a Sky3DS+, you can download and install a copy of Cubic Ninja in .3DS format.
Then follow this guide : https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

It works, i've already done on a 11.5.

But like Giodude already said : it will not bring you much to have access to the homebrew launcher (without CFW)... only trying some apps, few games and emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey