Can I have it so emunand doesnt quit when i exit system settings

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by runetoonxx2, Jan 6, 2016.

1. runetoonxx2
    OP

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    Is it possible not to exit emunand after quitting system settings

2. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Not that I'm aware of. It's a feature put in intentionally. It reboots the system. For me, I have rxtools setup via menuhax so it autoboots emunand.

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    CTRBootManager Setup will autoboot emunand again when you exit system settings

Ammako and Memoir like this.
  4. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    It's a different firmware mode, thus it pushes you back to your regular sysnand when you back out.
    As mentioned previously you can use CTRBootManager to setup autobooting, though daisychaining between firmware modes without cleanly resetting can be unreliable and often ends in red screen freezes.
    I would most definitely not recommend daisychaining and then updating your emunand, as you might not end up in the right nand's settings.

If you happen to experience a chain of red screen freezes when trying to access your entry point, try cleanly starting up and shutting down the 3ds before messing with booting through your entry point again, as dirty shutdowns (holding the power down) from daisychain freezes can sometimes lead to this issue.

Last edited by jaksy, Jan 6, 2016