Can I have a detailed tuto for auReinand for DSI+GBA games N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sirgilmour, Apr 8, 2016.

1. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I have reinand working well, when i go to settings I see Rei then the firmware, i followed the steps to run auReinand, i boot into a firmware that shows the games installed unlike the sysnand but in settings i dont see a word before 9.2.0-20U, is it aureinand?
    I have created a patch titled : 0004013820000202 and version : 4816 and patched it with ipsexe v1.5 then installed it on nand using FBI. Then installed a gba title on sd with fbi... tried to run it : an error has occurred .... have to reboot.

So, some people say i dont have to install it on both emu+sys when using auReinand? some say I do. What is the real deal here?

Also, when i used RXtool there was an option to inject sysnand health banner, then install the dsi+gba titles i wanted, THEN de-inject it, because if i did not it would disappear after reboot.

For this console I used emunand9 + decrypt9WIP and i have injected the emunand health logo and see the possibility to do the same on sysnand BUT is there an option to remove the injection and make it normal again? also rxtools had a gba+dsi reboot patch that made the console reboot in sysnand and allowing dsi+gba installation without problems. I dont see it in decrypt9WIP.
    Also if i try to install a DSI .cia in fbi, it wont even start the process, it just displays an error message.

So, could you please guide me with a step by step clear and detailed tutorial to be able to install DSI+GBA titles on my N3DS that has 9.2.0-20U on both sysnand and emunand.

Thank you

Last edited by sirgilmour, Apr 8, 2016
  2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    first i want to note you have made . . . quite a few threads now . . . you know we do have a place for general 3ds cfw questions

but as we are already here
    first just download the patched agb firm from that iso site
    if using al9h and aureinand (updated sysnand) you dont need to otherwise it goes like this . . .
    gba.cia must be installed to sysnand destination sd in order to play them from sysnand and if you install it to emunand destination sd as well you will be able to load it from within emunand as well (but it still must be done in sysnand)
    . . .the same is true for dsiware.cia except they go on destination nand not sd
    side note: bigbluemenu (a cia installer) knows if the file goes on sd or nand and picks it for you
    i believe aureinand has those patched as well now but you can do it yourself just go to that iso site and get agb patched firm for n3ds and patched twl firm (comes in a .zip with the old and new 3ds versions on it) also found on that iso site and install them to emunand

Last edited by wormdood, Apr 8, 2016
  3. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I still am not sure if im on aureinand, is it normal not to see an abreviation of aureinand before the firmware number?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is there a tool to install a game directly to sysnand from emunand? you say bigbluemenu can install to nand, but is there a difference between nand and sysnand?

4. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    i dont have the answer to that question sorry
    no
    . . .
    Glossary of Common 3DS Hacking Terms

5. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Here are the 3 questions i'm still asking myself
    1- can in un-inject sysnand's health logo with Decrypt9WIP or some other tool
    2- how can I know i'm on auReinand? is there a way to access its customization tools within it or while its loading from ctrlboot? Like rxtools for example by pressing L.
    3- could I have a link to one tutorial thats explains how to install auReinand perfectly from ground zero
    Thank you, and why answering by ... or n00bs can't read? I would prefer simply nothing.

6. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
  7. FTRBND

FTRBND waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    _____________ Dex: Complete
    Im not quite sure since I havent used Decrypt9WIP or HL in a while, but since its a 3dsx on your sd card you could just delete it?

check your sd card, and ctrbootmanager screen, if you have an AuRei folder, youre probably using aureinand

https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases place it on sd card and use the menuhax folder boot.3dsx (assuming you're using menuhax?)

8. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Holding select on boot will display Aureinand's settings menu
    In it, you can choose to display the current nand in system settings

Nightwish likes this.
  9. democracy

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    ... Here comes the airplane!

pbanj likes this.
  10. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

MattKimura likes this.
  11. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    thats my sig not my response

12. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    is it normal to wait 30 seconds before a .cia (even small gba games)installation begins in FBI or BigBlueMenu? Is there a workaround?
    its a 128gb btw silicon elite pro

Last edited by sirgilmour, Apr 9, 2016
  13. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    yes sir there's a lot of space on that memory card and it simply takes a while to determine which space is still usable due to the 3DS SD card speed

14. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Well, all i did was delete a random previously installed .cia file via bigbluemenu right after a an intallation that took exactly 30secs before starting, and the next installation started right away... try to explain that with logic :P

But i'm happy, i found ways to install my dsi+gba files by the way, by mixing Decrypt9WIP to inject the sysnand health logo, and using rxtools L button at boot option (which is the only thing that i can use right now from this cfw without the console freezing) menu's pasta boot with dsi+gba patch and while booting pressing the L button configured with menuhax to go straight to sysnand, and there it is, patched and ready to install, i know ther must be easier ways to do it (probably using the actual Pasta i have never tried to begin with) but as wormdood implies subliminally, i read diagonally and only assimilate words i feel like reading;) (sad but very true) and hey, it worked for me.

Last edited by sirgilmour, Apr 10, 2016
  15. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    ok i will . . . you likely did not set the cluster size of your sd card to 64 kb (and if i am correct you also experience random massive slowdowns during cia installation as well)

16. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Another question, after installing a few dsi games, the twl memory ran out, and i know there is a way to do something about it but i don't remember? any tool to resize it or put dsi games in nother folder to make it not empty?

17. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, it's called deleting some shit you've installed to TWL. You can't resize it.

wormdood likes this.
  18. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    nope the nand size is predetermined
    . . . and if somehow someone gives you a different answer please inform me

19. sirgilmour
    OP

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    hum, im quite sure i found a way around that on my old 3ds, maybe not resizing, but transfering to sd. I had almost 20 games installed