Can I have 2 different flashcart OS on the same sd card

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by TackyPie, May 23, 2013.

1. TackyPie
    OP

TackyPie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 4, 2012
    United States
    I was just wondering if I can have r4 wood and the DSTWO os on my sd card at the same time I know i probably can use wood on the dstwo but i was just dont wont to have to keep deleting the files when i switch flashcarts

2. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    Wood does not work for DSTWO, the EOS is the same style menu and is not that hard to install.
    It's just unpack and drag and drop.
    You can even leave your old firmware on if you're really too lazy to delete it.

3. Nebuleon

Nebuleon MAH BOI/GURL

Dec 22, 2012
    Canada
    The main question was: "Given that I have one microSD card, but two flashcarts, can I keep the Wood OS on the microSD for my R4 as well as the EOS for my Supercard DSTwo? Or will one of them interfere with the other?"

I don't really know the answer to that, but the DSTwo EOS is in a folder called /_dstwo/ - pretty card-specific if you ask me ;) Unless Wood's OS is under the /_dstwo/ folder as well, I'd say "yes, you can install both and switch the microSD between your flashcarts."

"I know I can probably use Wood on my Supercard DSTwo" is a secondary assertion, and that one is indeed false. Wood doesn't work on the Supercards, but it doesn't interfere with a proper EOS installation.

4. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    never tried it myself, but there actually is a woodR4 loader for DStwo. i think you can only use a 2gig with it though.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-wood-loader-plugin-for-dstwo.247732/

as for the OP, the r4 and dstwo use different filenames so it should be safe to have 'em both on the SD card at the same time. I have DSTwo and AKAIO firmware on one SD with no probs.

5. Bobbyloujo

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    You could test it out and see what happens. Even if it didn't work, it probably wouldn't do anything catastrophic.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I am running Wood R4, AKAIO, DSTT, YSMenu, and EoS (DSTwo and Onei) all on the same microSD card with no problems.

VatoLoco likes this.