default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ill go straight to the point.
OK so im going to get a psp slim from a guy but he hanst used it in two months so the cfw is gone.
The thing is can i hack it by myself? Ive been reading the tutorial and apparently i can but i want to be sure.
The PSP was hacked but the guy kept it in his drawer for about two months so the CFW is gone
frown.gif

It would really apreciate if you can answer me this as i am getting it tomorrow.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If that's the case then the guy is either clueless, it's a reshelled PSP or he flashed OFW....

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
well in here there are people who offer the service for a certain amount of money and people who dont know about the scene, end up going to them.
But back on topic, can i hack it by myself?

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That PSP is fully hackable. If it was indeed on CFW then it still is irrespective of whether the battery drained or he fed it to his dog and then incinerated it. (the dog not the PSP).

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im getting it on Friday morning.
rolleyes.gif

So i should be able to install CFW on it all by myself following the tutorial right? Right?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It should already have CFW on it. If it by some weird reason doesn't if it's at 5.03 or below then YES, and if it's above 5.03 (probably unlikely) then you'll just need a Pandora Battery too.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well the guy called me to tell me that the CFW is gone since he didnt use it for two months. But still i made my mind and im going to get it on friday.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
default2k said:
Well the guy called me to tell me that the CFW is gone since he didnt use it for two months. But still i made my mind and im going to get it on friday.

See Post #4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming it is a fully hackable one he could have left it on a HEN (intending to keep it charged/on standby) but as others have said if it is fully hackable then you have no problems (most people got to a HEN and only paused to check they really did have a hackable motherboard with PSPident before flashing a CFW).

If it is a fully hackable one left at a HEN type firmware then it is a matter of redoing the exploit on what I am assuming is OFW 5.03 (can be a pain to get running- just a matter of restarting until it works) and flashing a CFW once you got it there and you can do that from the little 32 meg bundled card.
If it is not 5.03 then it is pandora battery time.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude its impossible for the cfw to suddenly dissapear unless its a TA-88v3 Or a TA-90v2 So he's either scamming you into buying a Newer Slim which was Recased Or its Just A 3000

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not impossible, as he could be clueless and using a HEN enabled CFW. It's improbable though given the age of the PSP.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The guy is definitely not scamming me as i said earlier he paid to have it hacked, since there are people here who offer that service, and he had no idea how to do it. Hes also giving me some original games with it. See the picture. Once i get it ill report back for sure.

default2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well i dont have a Pandora and they dont sell them here so i hope it has 5.03
unsure.gif

If not ill have to pay for the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI...