Can I hack my Ps3 and still purchase things on PSN?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by earlynovfan, Sep 9, 2014.

1. earlynovfan
    OP

earlynovfan Tactical enthusiast.

Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    Minnesota
    Like if I want to backup my PS1 and PS2 games and load them onto my Ps3, will I be able to still purchase things on PSN?

Don't really plan on playing much online, maybe a game of Black Ops here and there.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Yes you can with the appropriate spoofers. Though playing anything like BlackOps or other games online increases your ban chances significantly. Just keep in mind an account ban will cause you to lose any purchased content via PSN.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    There's a variety of ways to be stealth on PSN, but none are foolproof. It's not worth the risk of getting your system flagged and banned or losing all your PSN content due to an account ban, either go the CFW way and use PSN alternatives or stay legit. If you really want to go online on CFW, at least make an alternative account for it not to lose your original content (you can still make purchases on your legit account using SEN). The only alternative is to invest in a Dual NAND solution (for instance an E3 Flasher) and run both a CFW and an OFW.

4. earlynovfan
    OP

earlynovfan Tactical enthusiast.

Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    Minnesota
    Hey, thanks alot guys!

I mainly do PC gaming anyways, but I figure if I really want to play online, I can just transfer my account onto my roommates console.

Thanks again! :)

5. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States
    Habib 4.55 1.03+Multiman Stealth+PSNPatch.

Don't go online with Black Ops II/Ghosts unless you know what you're doing. They have extra checks.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I heard a line like that before from someone. His PS3 was banned a week later. No stealth solution is perfect and none are impervious to server-side updates. Going online with CFW is risky no matter what you do - you can minimize the risks, but it's still not recommended, at least not in my opinion.

GregoryRasputin likes this.
  7. Relys

Relys Master of Computer Science

Jan 5, 2007
    United States

Been online for 2+ years both on Xbox 360 and PS3. Only skriddies that use RTM tools with CID sealers or don't properly patch out extra checks in CoD games get banned.

PSNPatch disables any CFW related syscalls that could be used by firmware to fingerprint a modified system.

With Xbox 360 you can load a modified hypervisor with patched integrity checks as well.

The only games you have to be careful of are the CoD ones for both systems as you need to nop subroutines that perform extra checks.