Hacking Can I hack my 3DS 7.1.0-0E with the latest internet browser?

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3ds (old one) with 7.1.0-0E firmware.
However, it was 3.0.0-0E before I upgraded via a 3ds game.

Problem is, I couldn't access the internet browser without an update. So I decided to update, but not completely (as some people said that would make the browser appear). I had a 2 day warranty on the 3DS, so even if it was bricked, I could return it.
So I let it upgrade till around 60% and then shut down the 3ds, that worked. I got the internet browser while remaining on 7.1.0-0E.
However what I didn't take into account, was the internet browser version.
It's on the latest browser version: 1.7610 which patches the browser exploit.

I don't have gateway, however I do have SupercardDSTWO.
Is it possible for .CIA files to be installed, using a .nds program?

So without getting gateway, sky3ds or cubic ninja. Is there any way for me to make my 3DS CFW?

Last edited by code640,

trappedinlimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately not. the best thing to do would have been to use a cartridge to update to 4.x and use the profile exploit, for the record. getting gateway wouldn't help anything, not sure about cn because i know it relies on the browser and you have a strange situation with that now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 3ds (old one) with 7.1.0-0E firmware.
However, it was 3.0.0-0E before I upgraded via a 3ds game.

Problem is, I couldn't access the internet browser without an update. So I decided to update, but not completely (as some people said that would make the browser appear). I had a 2 day warranty on the 3DS, so even if it was bricked, I could return it.
So I let it upgrade till around 60% and then shut down the 3ds, that worked. I got the internet browser while remaining on 7.1.0-0E.
However what I didn't take into account, was the internet browser version.
It's on the latest browser version: 1.7610 which patches the browser exploit.

I don't have gateway, however I do have SupercardDSTWO.
Is it possible for .CIA files to be installed, using a .nds program?

So without getting gateway, sky3ds or cubic ninja. Is there any way for me to make my 3DS CFW?

Unfortunately you need to be on 4.x to use a non-browser-related exploit. Most tutorials should tell you that (warning you not to go past 4.x if you have a 3DS with very early firmware and thus no browser). You should return it and get a different one and try again. There are lists on the net of games which will update you to 4.x.

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately you need to be on 4.x to use a non-browser-related exploit. Most tutorials should tell you that (warning you not to go past 4.x if you have a 3DS with very early firmware and thus no browser). You should return it and get a different one and try again. There are lists on the net of games which will update you to 4.x.
http://www.3dsdb.com/
Yeah I know about the list. I thought I could downgrade, which is why I brought a second hand 3ds game and updated to 7.1.0-0E. The browser didn't appear, which is why I did a system update till 60% and turned off the power.

It's past 2 days, so I can't return it now (it was secondhand).

I hope somebody does a exploit which doesn't require the internet browser...
OR
Creates a .nds file, which allows .CIA files to be installed.
OR
Creates a .nds file, which allows the browser to be downgraded.
OR
Creates a .nds file which is a older version of the browser/ entirely new browser.
^ If I'm not mistaken, aren't there already .nds browsers? Can't somebody code to make the exploit work on then?
Example: http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Bunjalloo OR http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Okiwi_DS
OR
Created a .nds file, where an exploit can run from (like gateway).

Last edited by code640,

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by code640,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
http://www.3dsdb.com/
Yeah I know about the list. I thought I could downgrade, which is why I brought a second hand 3ds game and updated to 7.1.0-0E. The browser didn't appear, which is why I did a system update till 60% and turned off the power.

It's past 2 days, so I can't return it now (it was secondhand).

I hope somebody does a exploit which doesn't require the internet browser...
OR
Creates a .nds file, which allows .CIA files to be installed.
OR
Creates a .nds file, which allows the browser to be downgraded.
OR
Creates a .nds file which is a older version of the browser/ entirely new browser.
^ If I'm not mistaken, aren't there already .nds browsers? Can't somebody code to make the exploit work on then?
Example: http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Bunjalloo OR http://gamebrew.org/wiki/Okiwi_DS
OR
Created a .nds file, where an exploit can run from (like gateway).
If you want to use Gateway you will need another console. Your only shot now is Sky3DS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Next time if you find a really old 3DS make sure you don't update it past 4.x.

And yeah you should update it to 9.9 now and get iron fall or YouTube to at least play homebrew.

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to use Gateway you will need another console. Your only shot now is Sky3DS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Next time if you find a really old 3DS make sure you don't update it past 4.x.

And yeah you should update it to 9.9 now and get iron fall or YouTube to at least play homebrew.
I don't think you've read my original post carefully.

I stated that I have SuperCardDSTWO, therefore I can already play 2DS games & GBA/GBC/GB games & homebrew. Hence I don't know if updating to 9.9 will prevent this & I don't need to update for smea's potential exploit, if it's only going to allow homebrew (obviously I'm hoping it will develop into CFW).

Edit:
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-12378-1-2.html
It seems that it does work on 9.9. So that's good to know.

Having said that, before updating to 9.9, I'd like to hear others thoughts first.

Last edited by code640,

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you not return it and get another 3DS with a low firmware?
Nope.
It just had a 2 day warranty and there are no more second hand 3DS's available, so trading in to get another 3ds (at a lower price) isn't even an option either.

It's been around 5 days since I brought it.

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@code640 In that case, there's no point on keeping it on its current firmware. Just update it to 9.9 and download Youtube before Nintendo pulls it. You'll miss out on an opportunity that could develop into a CFW in the long run.
Alright...

Is the Youtube app still available to download?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
For 5.x-6.x -0/-1 consoles, we still can use MSET 6.X for rxTools/Cakes/etc. to install Sysupdater to upgrade to 9.2.0-20.
But >=7.0.0-0/1 are really bricks.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.