ROM Hack Can I go online with a Pokemon OmegaRuby.cia?

Johnal Khow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a pokemon omega ruby cia from a certain iso site. Question is can I go online while playing it? Like can I access wonder trade and GTS and stuff like that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh,sry im new to 3ds homebrew... used to psp hacking.
You're partially right though. eShop-only game updates are often released as part of the game rather than separately, in those cases the eShop update isn't compatible. But cartridge games that are also on the eShop use the same update data between the cartridge and eShop version, which is separate from the game itself. You can even download the update without owning the game :P

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, you can (complete online access with all feautures).... you have two solutions.

1. Omega Ruby with 1.4 update
AND latest emunand/firmware (currently 10.7)

OR

2. Omega Ruby with 1.4 update
AND spoofed/franken firmware.... basically you can be on example firmware 9.0 and you just need to download the latest nver and friends module from the 10.7 firmware which means not the whole 10.7 firmware, you will still be on 9.0

YOU DONT NEED any header for .cia gam

BTW you can also download latest tiger and eshop mini applet for eShop spoof and after installing it, you need to run the free multi patcher and press the "start" button inside free multi patcher every time you want to acces eShop.

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, as long as the CIA is legit. Any CIA can as long as it's legit, since these are the same cias which come pre-installed on 3ds bundles and all use the same header online.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Yes you can. There shouldn't be an issue as you're using CIAs and those have already correct headers.

2. Some people mention update weirdness, this is only an issue if your CIA is region-locked to your region. This isn't an issue with XY/ORAS as these are the only currently region-free games.

Well, you can't install anything but legit CIAs without CFW, so :P
Omega Ruby is a legit CIA. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, then I will be actually older than him for a bit (ik thats not how ages work btw)