Gaming Can i go online if I traded a non-legit Pokemon with a friend?

Ninetynine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, friend traded me a Shiny Zacian, Zazameta and Eternatus via local trade.
How he obtained those I have no idea as far as I know, they haven't been 'officially' released yet?
So my question right now is, is it okay for me to still go online with my account considering that my bank has some..... Shiny locked Legendaries?
Not that I would use them in online raid battles that is.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in previous gens, you'd at worst be barred from partaking in online battles or something.

i dont really see them banning your console/nnid for this, as it would lead to loads of unwarranted bans.

that said, I dont think people have actively checked what they can get away with so far

Ninetynine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just storing it in the bank at the moment~
I take it it's 'unsafe' for me to use these pokemons for online usage at all?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not going to be banned for being traded illegal Pokémon locally. Obviously, you will not be able to use those Pokémon online.

Ninetynine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not going to be banned for being traded illegal Pokémon locally. Obviously, you will not be able to use those Pokémon online.

I was given about 2 shinies each.
I thought I could give 1 to my boyfriend via internet trade as he's away on work at the moment.
I take it it's unsafe to do so?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was given about 2 shinies each.
I thought I could give 1 to my boyfriend via internet trade as he's away on work at the moment.
I take it it's unsafe to do so?
It's safe to try, but if they are illegal, the trade might not work. If they are hacked but legal, the trade will work just fine.

Iibui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can “go online” if you aren’t banned yet. Depending on what that Pokémon is and what you did to it, You have a change of not being able to use that Pokémon or trade that Pokémon online. Only offline. Pokémon servers have a check system in place. It’ll just flag your Pokémon “as something wrong with it” (meaning: we know you hacked this).

You can try. If it goes through, it’s probably a Pokémon that “looks possible” to the game. And it’ll let you trade. If you get denied, that just means your Pokémon are really sketch and illegal and you’ll only be able to trade that Pokémon locally. If it doesn’t work, shoot me a message and i’ll send you a legal one.

Last edited by Iibui,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans