Hacking Can I go from jailbreak to non jailbreak without ban risc?

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As in subject.
My ps4 is on 9.0 so I can play around with jailbreak. But I am not planning to keep it that way and will update to 9.03 sometime.
This because I have some money invested in digital content.
But what are the riscs of getting a ban when moving from a once jailbroken ps4 (no psn connection) to a plain vanilla OFW ps4?
Are there traces left telling Sony that I did some - in their eyes- illegal activities?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As in subject.
My ps4 is on 9.0 so I can play around with jailbreak. But I am not planning to keep it that way and will update to 9.03 sometime.
But what are the riscs of getting a ban when moving from a once jailbroken ps4 (no psn connection) to a plain vanilla OFW ps4?
Are there traces left telling Sony that I did some - in their eyes- illegal activities?
Just format your drive with RECOVERY pup when updating to be sure there is no trace of anything on the drive.

Sony have rarely banned in the past.

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no idea what Sony have done for the PS4, and what countermeasures the hackers have taken -- Sony are to be considered a technically competent adversary in this one, and in my experience most hackers don't dig deep for all the little hidden checks and tells until they have to.

Depending upon the price of hackable machines (if they are a rare commodity and hacks are useful to people then prices tends to be at with faster sale or above unhackable) it might be worth instead flogging the hacked/hackable one and getting a stock one, or upgrading if you fancy a shinier model.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what Sony have done for the PS4, and what countermeasures the hackers have taken -- Sony are to be considered a technically competent adversary in this one, and in my experience most hackers don't dig deep for all the little hidden checks and tells until they have to.

Depending upon the price of hackable machines (if they are a rare commodity and hacks are useful to people then prices tends to be at with faster sale or above unhackable) it might be worth instead flogging the hacked/hackable one and getting a stock one, or upgrading if you fancy a shinier model.
besides there is a thing in scenes called "hackers remorse" goes both ways

Sudau

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
As in subject.
Hi,is it works? I want to do it and i have the same things as you pls answer me

Sudau

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
As in subject.
Hi is it works for you?? Pls answer, i have the same things as you

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
easy easy...no need ask same question within 1 minute AND PM me at the same time.
I did not hack my ps4 yet (and consider not doing it at all) so I can not even answer you

Sudau

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
easy easy...no need ask same question within 1 minute AND PM me at the same time.
I did not hack my ps4 yet (and consider not doing it at all) so I can not even answer you
Oh ok,sorry i just jailbreaked my ps4 like month ago and i want to undo it but i fears that ill get ban in the second i updating to 9.03 and sign up psn...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn