Can I get the Onion Swordsman Job without Wifi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by HugeCock, Dec 4, 2006.

Dec 4, 2006
  1. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    My DS doesn't like my Wifi but looking at GameFaqs it says
    So I have multiple Ds's so I am wondering can I send 7 local messages and recieve 4 messages to unlock the Onion Swordsman job....just curious if anybody has tried yet

2. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    You should be able to send the messages to another "Friend" with a local connection. Friend mail is friend mail, regardless of connection type. But I would think in order to get a friend code, you would have to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi at least once. I'm pretty sure your friend code is generated the first time you log onto the Wi-Fi. If that's the case, you would need to take the multiple DS's to a hot spot for friend codes, then you could send the mail back and forth with the local connection.

Let us know how it works out.

3. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Well I just got the Onion Sword with only two DS's and no Wifi...WOOT

4. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Not to double post...but damn...I was expecting more...does the Onion Knight get magic abilities later or something? Um...how can you use summon and magic on the same job I was really hoping this is what that job would do....Well be cool to use the blood sword and blood lance though....

5. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Onion Knight is basically worthless 'till the end of the game.

6. Bongloads

Newcomer Bongloads Member

Uzbekistan

It absolutely is not. I unlocked Onion Knight relatively early in the game, and though they are slow to level up, they earn more MP with each level. Add in the Onion items that you obtain later, and they are quite a formidable force. Then go ahead and figure how much time it's gonna take you to level him to Job Level 99 to obtain the Onion Card and Onion Blade, and you'll find that you will want him as early as possible, at least no more than halfway thru the game. And BTW, Onion Sword is a Red Dragon drop - so go out and get one!

7. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Oh shit, Onion Swordsman can do level 8 magic....dopeness...just got level 7 magic right after getting the underwater aircraft....pretty happy with my choice. Going with a Black Mage, Onion, Monk, and Geomancer for now...wanting to swap out my Black Mage asap for a Sage as soon as I unlock the job

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    actually, they are relatively useless, right now each of my characters are level 99 on 5 independent jobs and on their 6th set....and I obtained OK class recently but they are pathetically weak. I will get all 4 characters to level 99 onion class when I get over 95 or something, meanwhile I'll search for the equipment from the dragons.

9. Stux

Newcomer Stux Newbie

United Kingdom
    OK start off weak, but apparently get amazing near the end of their job levels.

10. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Job Level does NOT matter.
    Their power comes from the stat growth at levels 95+ EXPERIENCE