Question Can I get banned for transferring a save to my legit switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blade7115, Aug 21, 2018.

1. blade7115
    OP

blade7115 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2010
    Canada
    Monster hunter generations ultimate was leaked and it's playable on a hacked switch a week before its release. I already bought and preloaded monster hunter on my legit switch so I can play online when it comes out but I want to start playing it now. If I were to transfer my save file from my hacked switch to my legit switch when monster hunter comes out would I get banned from online? Would even using a backup save homebrew software on my legit switch get me banned?

Last edited by blade7115, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Violating the Nintendo's Terms of Service such as hacking the console to load homebrew can get you banned. Only Nintendo can tell you if you will definitively get banned or not.

3. Bellebite2000

Bellebite2000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2018
    Afghanistan
    You will probably end up in jail... As mentioned : If you mess in any way with anything, you are a candidate.

4. EpicPie

EpicPie GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    USA
    TBH I think unlikely.

5. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    The problem would be in order to transfer to your legit switch it needs to become not so legit w cfw, unless there is a way to transfer to ofw? Thus do the math.

6. midstor

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Anything modding = ban