Homebrew Question Can I get banned for transferring a save to my legit switch?

blade7115

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Monster hunter generations ultimate was leaked and it's playable on a hacked switch a week before its release. I already bought and preloaded monster hunter on my legit switch so I can play online when it comes out but I want to start playing it now. If I were to transfer my save file from my hacked switch to my legit switch when monster hunter comes out would I get banned from online? Would even using a backup save homebrew software on my legit switch get me banned?

Last edited by blade7115,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Violating the Nintendo's Terms of Service such as hacking the console to load homebrew can get you banned. Only Nintendo can tell you if you will definitively get banned or not.

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Monster hunter generations ultimate was leaked and it's playable on a hacked switch a week before its release. I already bought and preloaded monster hunter on my legit switch so I can play online when it comes out but I want to start playing it now. If I were to transfer my save file from my hacked switch to my legit switch when monster hunter comes out would I get banned from online? Would even using a backup save homebrew software on my legit switch get me banned?

You will probably end up in jail... As mentioned : If you mess in any way with anything, you are a candidate.

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I think unlikely.

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem would be in order to transfer to your legit switch it needs to become not so legit w cfw, unless there is a way to transfer to ofw? Thus do the math.

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything modding = ban

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to transfer my mod save of MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION of 3DS (hacked) to my MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION ULTIMATE of LEGAL NINTENDO SWITCH, it posible without risk of ban?

the save dont has anything stupid or imposible items & stats, only armors, weapons, money, resourses and all lists unlocked.

Thanks.

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As long as your Nintendo Switch doesn't pick up the scent of homebrew, you won't get banned. Anyone telling you otherwise (like going to jail lol) is probably too young to be on this website.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
young not, but in this time, i have to take extra caution to evade the ban because i have a familiar acount, but for all i read, dont have to be a problem, thanks.

any more to add?

zand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be possible that the save data could have timestamps before the release date recorded in it. I would recommend starting a new save instead of taking the risk.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to transfer my mod save of MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION of 3DS (hacked) to my MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION ULTIMATE of LEGAL NINTENDO SWITCH, it posible without risk of ban?

the save dont has anything stupid or imposible items & stats, only armors, weapons, money, resourses and all lists unlocked.

Thanks.
Its not possible without a risk of ban.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not possible without a risk of ban.

yes but how high is the risk, only my 3ds is hacked, the switch is not, I deleted the nintendo id passwork from the 3ds and unlinked the 3ds id from nintendo switch account.

my file dont have anything ridiculous items hacks, armors or weapons, everything looks legal.

and the only ban cases are from the people how use 3ds with cheats codes online.

any recomendation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.