Hacking Homebrew Can I get assistance in Custom Firmware?

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was just given a PSP today, and I want to upgrade it to 3.71 M33, but I need 3.52-3 or 3.52-4

I've tried to upgrade them, and I am clearly lost. This was given to me WITH 3.52 M33 on it, and I need to upgrade to one of the latter 3.52 custom firmwares

A screencap of some of the things inside it, in case I am missing something needed to run any upgrades/etc

93268635qj9.jpg

As you can see, it's lacking a PSP folder. What do I do about that? I am seriously betting it's missing files that are supposed to be in there XD

Help me please

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just create a dir named PSP, inside of it create three dirs named GAME, GAME150 and GAME352 and everything's all right, and you don't need to format the stick.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got it updated.

Now, how do I run ISO's/CSO's?

I was told to just create a folder called ISO on the main directory, and when I tried to play a game that way, I got an error message.

darkzeroex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
put them in the "GAME" directory which is located in the psp folder apparently i've read that putting the iso/cso in the ISO folder is a fairly common mistake for new psp owners (like me
wink.gif
)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
put them in the "GAME" directory which is located in the psp folder apparently i've read that putting the iso/cso in the ISO folder is a fairly common mistake for new psp owners (like me
wink.gif
)

In the custom firmware I've always used I place my ISOs into an ISO directory on the root of the memory stick...

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If he got an error it means he put it in the right directory, he probably just didn't change the noumd read type. It should be set to the Sony one because it has basically universal compatibility. If you have 3.52 or above you should be able to push either the Home button on 3.52/3.71 M33-1 or select on 3.71 M33-2 to get a menu that allows you to change the noumd type.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you DO put it in the ISO folder. the GAME folder is for game patches(like the online patch for Killzone and SOCOM) and demos. GAME150 is for 1.50 homebrew, GAME352 is for 3.xx homebrew. Put your ISOs/CSOs in the ISO folder, and when you're turning your PSP on from a complete shutdown, hold R.

It will take you into recovery mode, and then go into Configuration, scroll down to UMD drivers or something along those lines, and scroll 'til you see Sony NO UMD NP6680 or something along those lines. You'll know when you see it, it's obvious. Then enjoy playing games, you scurvy dog! I recommend Pirates!, and I think you know why
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2