Can I format one partition FAT32 after the drive is WBSF with game alr

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by whathehell, Sep 16, 2009.

1. whathehell
    OP

Newcomer whathehell Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I have a TB HD with more the 120 games in it at this moment, but I will like to put wiiflow on the HD instead of the SD card,

Can I do another partition for fat32 without formatting the drive and loosing all those games, will suck big time if I have to load them again...

Thanks in advance...

2. Reboot

Member Reboot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dont think so, because if you have 1 big partition, the current partition would have to be resized or shrunk. Since only a handfull of tools read WBSF, I think you are out of luck, but correct me if I'm wrong here people.

Best bet is to make multiple partitions and only format one as wbsf filesystem, then you can do what you wish with the rest of the drive!

3. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Is it so damm hard to search? Damm, this was answered at least 10 times already [​IMG]...

No, you're out of luck. The only thing you can do is to transfer the games to another HD, format the old one to a FAT32 and a WBFS Partitions, and put the games back you've "backed up" (some WBFS Managers can do this, Copy from WBFS to WBFS). Otherwise, forget it.

4. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    yeah im in the same boat...16 hours of copying and it turns out to use the drive for media you have to switch usb ports too, ill stick to copying to sd or flash drive for now, no big deal, rather have the full 500GB for games anyway...but it is possible

5. BiPoLaR

Member BiPoLaR GBAtemp Regular

United States