can i flash my ds only with r4?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Why2, Oct 26, 2009.

Oct 26, 2009

can i flash my ds only with r4? by Why2 at 1:04 PM (1,274 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Why2
    OP

Newcomer Why2 Member

United States
    can i flash my ds only with r4??
    without an Slot 2 Flash Cart?
    oh and i have a Ds lite
    and if i want to put some new games on flashed DS Lite
    How do i do this
    thanks

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Why would you want to flash the DS lite anyways there is no point since you don't have a Slot 2 cart. And the R4 skips the Health and Warning screen already.

3. Why2
    OP

Newcomer Why2 Member

United States
    umm Ok thanks

4. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You've probably been reading old guides on how to flash your DS which was only necessary when cards didn't have a built in flash me. You don't need a slot 2 card to play DS games on an R4. Just load games directly onto your micro sd card* from your computer and they should play perfectly. If they crash then use the search button at the top of the page and search for problems with the game that isn't working, there should be plenty of topics started by your fellow beginners and most of them will have been answered by disgruntled long term members.

*assuming that you have one of course. If you have the original or identical clone R4 then you will need a 2gb non sdhc micro sd card. If your r4 is a fake that supports sdhc cards then you can get pretty much any size micro sd card