Can I fix my touch screen?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mflo, Mar 3, 2007.

Mar 3, 2007

Can I fix my touch screen? by mflo at 1:46 PM (887 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mflo
    OP

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My touch screen is lopsided, It's very noticeable. So I'm planning on opening it and fixing it. But first I would like to know what exactly I'm suppose to do. Remove screws>Open it>Then what? Do I just remove the mother board and move the touchscreen?
    Is the touch screen screwed on to something? Anyone know of a good guide on opening your DS?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Theres one stickied in this subforum (for DS Lites)

I don't think the touch screen (digitizer) is screwed on. I haven't actually opened a Lite for myself, but I believe it may "sit" in place on the LCD screen, being held by a ribbon cable.

If both the digitizer and LCD are lopsided, you'll have to move both. I think the LCD screen may be held down, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

3. WiiDSbold

Newcomer WiiDSbold Member

i dont think its a good idea to mess with the lcd-screen if youve never done something like that before - its not that you just open it an juggle it around a little bit for better fit... thats microelectronics and precision-likelytobreak-stuff in there [​IMG]

i guess all you'll get in the end is dust on your screen beneath the digitizer-layer [​IMG]

besides that: if its THAT lopsided, that its actually hard for the machine to recognize the input its a case for replacement under guarantee anyways...

4. mflo
    OP

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My LCD screen is lopsided and it's off to where you can see the backlight shine through some cracks if you turn it at an angle. I have small hands so it shouldn't be too hard for me. I'll be careful.
    btw, My hinge squeaks when I close my DS, Is this a sign of a hinge about to crack? What should I do?