Homebrew Can I edit Luma to go below minimum brightness?

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to edit luma to be able to go below minimum brightness. I have tried editing sysmodules/rosalina/source/luminance.c line 33 and changing min brightness to one, adding a brightness level for it above that, and increased the number of levels just above that. On the 3ds side, this makes the brightness level in rosalina say min 1, and and max 95 for some reason, but it won't actually go below 14. I know ntr couldn't do this past 11.3 so I assume there is something funky going on here... I don't know C particularly well, and I have ever worked with luma's source before, so I may be missing obvious. I am on o3ds XL, firmware 11.14.0-46 u if that helps at all. Thank you to anyone that can help.
(yeah, I posted on the forum section before, but didn't get an answer. I'm a little new to gbatemp and have no gauge for how long responses take, but it felt dead... *insert "sweat/embarrassed" emoji here*)

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually ended up figuring it out! I didnt want the billion features that fork included, so I just took the brightness patches from it an implemented it into a fork of nanquita's 3gx luma. Then I actually ended up (with the help of the custom 3ds assets discord) made a branch that includes the home menu in layeredFS (not that that didnt exist before, i just implemented code from another branch, again).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality