can i dump a entire wii u disc yet?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by xdarkmario, Apr 21, 2016.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    title says it all, im not sure if Dumpiine can do that but what i heard is that it can only dump rpx files.
    is there a way i can backup my game disc?

2. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
  3. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Dumping a raw disc image requires your disc key and access to the disc drive which both require IOSU kernel access, and in the case of people making scene releases, they have custom hardware with the drive key. Unless you wanna make your own or bribe someone with a 3.0.X Wii U and access to the really old exploit to send you it all, your only option is to just dump it all from the virtual filesystem with ddd above

Phantom64 likes this.
  4. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Well I only want to backup my physical disc like smash and Mario kart 8 to that I can convert them to loadiine.
    Also want to mod my smash bros

~xperia Z1~

5. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Still can only really go with ddd, it's by far the easiest and it lets you get everything needed (minus any RPLs which most don't have, I know MK8 has a few but you can just get them downloading an update), and theoretically you could dump Smash to an SD since it has access but ddd doesn't support it, only network with the title dumper. You could cheat and use a Title Key and ID from here and just download from NUS and edit them into a ticket to extract but that's only slightly faster
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-title-key-and-title-id-posting-thread.396792/

6. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Damn, think maybe I should download a scene wud seeing how I have the games. But that's "grey area" discussion

~xperia Z1~

7. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Is the really old exploit private too? Because I can buy a Wii U on release date firmware, and this sounds interesting. But also is there a way to update that old of a Wii U to 3.0.x firmware?