Can I DSiware downgrade with a Dummy Account?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by sup3rgh0st, Oct 17, 2016.

1. sup3rgh0st
    OP

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    A friend of mine is buying the Galaxy style new3ds which, after some research, will most likely come on 11.1. Following the Plailect guide, can I backup and format the modded o3DS and make a dummy account to use? And after the transfer, recover my old account?
    Thanks

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    No matter what, the nnid is transferred in the process. Every single nnid that has been assigned to that 3ds will be transferred server side, so even if you back it up, there is absolutely no way of getting it back, besides calling nintendo, which in most cases onlh temporarily gives you your account back so you can redownload your games. Miiverse is the only thing really effected by this though with tikshop being a thing

3. damage9

damage9 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Brazil
    You can also wait 7 days and then get your account back, using the transfer again, but this time from your friend's 3ds as the Source, and yours as the Target.

4. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I don't think you can transfer from a n3ds to an o3ds.

sup3rgh0st and Mikemk like this.
  5. Genesisofthewind

Genesisofthewind Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    I have done the DSiWare downgrade four times now, and all I really do is when I finish setting up both 3ds's, I use tiny format to wipe the 3ds's. Then I can just go into settings and link my NNID back to the appropriate 3ds. I have had no problems doing it this way if it helps.

sup3rgh0st likes this.